Wednesday 6 July 2011

Strawberries ... finally.. :)

Tis the season... for strawberries!!! 
2nd pick today and let me tell  u they are just marvelous, big, juicy, and extra good this year.. couldn't wait to share thes lovely pictures with u guys, from our patch today we picked off 74 pails,, (1 gallon ice cream pails) and it's only the second pick!!!  From now on we'll be picking them every 2nd day for about 2 hours lasting about 2 weeks or longer, we make sure we get every one, can't let one of the mgo to waste, we then make jam and freeze some for the winter months. So we have strawberries year round... but nothing compares to the one warm, freshly picked strawberry enjoyed right in the patch... :) 
enjoy the pictures... :)  
one of the bigger ones....


don't take long to get a pail-full

4 comments:

  1. I am so jealous, fresh strawberries, mmmmm. I have tried but need to have wire enclosure to fight off the possums and parrots... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious.... lots of work picking them though !!!!

    Your candy win was sent two Saturday's ago. The post office informed me there was a postal strike your end!!
    Please do let me know when you have received it.

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Claudia. I can't believe that I haven't yet become a follower of your great blog. Well just so you know I now am one.
    I have a blog award for you over on my blog. Go and snatch it and be sure to pass it on.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow those are so huge berries. Look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete